What the f*ck is content, and why should I care?
by Tieja MacLaughlin
WHAT IS CONTENT?
Content is a vehicle for delivering information. It educates and entertains. Content is distributed across every digital touchpoint and includes visual (photos, video), audio (podcasts) and text (blogs, articles).
WHY USE CONTENT?
- Content is the foundation of successful digital marketing.
- In contextual marketing, content engages with your audience, introduces them to your brand and pushes them through the sales funnel to checkout.
- Great content signals to Google that you’re a trusted authority in your industry, increasing your visibility in search results.
- Video content represents 74% of all Internet traffic.
- Shoppers who view video are 1.8 times more likely to purchase than non-viewers.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- 51.9% of marketers worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Companies with active blog (16+ posts per month) generate 3.5 times more traffic and 4.5 times more leads.
- 47% of buyers viewed 3-5 pieces of content before engaging with a sales rep.
- In the past two years, content consumption on Facebook has increased 57%.
Source: HubSpot, Forbes, Demand Gen, eMarketer, Adobe, Aberdeen.